I was a little down last night for a bit because I saw myself as being just a little too "average." I'm not even sure what exactly that means. The thing that made me think about it was my years in junior high and high school. I feel that I am not really all that exceptional at anything, which I it isn't necessary for someone to be "exceptional" at something but it just seems that I am not really all that good at any one task or activity. I was involved in sports, choir and various clubs but nothing that really makes me feel really good about myself now.
For some reason, something my dad said to me either my junior or senior year in high school is coming to mind, "If you're not going to do any good, why don't you just quit?" I remember that night like it was yesterday because I would always come home from games and give the score and my points. I didn't do that well, but then again, I never really did.
Anyway, enough of the pity party for now because Experimental Psychology is calling my name. Oh joy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment