Friday, August 22, 2008

Mid-week excursion before crunch time

This whole week has been fantastic. It makes me want it to be sometime around a year from now. It would be FANtastic. Anyway, I have enjoyed almost every moment of these past few days. Got to see Trent Sunday night and we then went to the dentist Monday for some fun times. Came back and hung out. Got to see him tuesday night and then we headed out early Wednesday morning for Wright City for lunch with his Grandparents and uncle. Nothing too exciting but not boring either. Glad to meet some more family members. I had heard about his crazy uncle but he didn't seem that bad to me. At least now I have a face to a name.

From Wright City we headed to the STL zoo. We walked around there for a bit, then headed to the Art Museum which is right there in Forest Park as well. Had a beautiful view from right in front of the museum of a fountain/water area by the golf course. I think we headed downtown from there after cruising around forest park for a bit.

We found some parking near Busch Stadium and took off on foot to see the new stadium up close. I really didn't see much of a difference but then again the last STL Cards game I have been to was probably 6 years ago or something like that. There was actually a game about to start and we even got hit up for some money by some ppl trying to sell some tickets. Probably a scam. We then headed off to Union Station because I had never been there before. It really was a bust as far as shopping goes because I was trying to find an over the shoulder, long purse/bag thing. It was cool though to think that trains used to go through there though. Cool cool cool. Anyway, headed back to the car. Our legs were jelly by the time we got back because there was a good 12 blocks or so of walking. I thought we should have went to the Nine Inch Nails concert but Trent thought otherwise ;)

Went in search of something to eat on our way to Trent's friend Alisha's house in St. Chuck and found some mexican restaurant after much driving and wrong turns. Finally arrived and soon headed out for some munchies at walmart and powerade at he gas station and rented Mr. Brooks. I fell asleep during the movie from exhaustion.

We got up for another round around 8:30. Went to the Science Center first which really isn't as fun as it was when I was a kid but still fun to watch all the other kids having a blast. Went to the History museum next which was interesting but got boring after awhile. By this time I was in need of caffiene so stopped at Forest Perk Cafe (hmm...oddly familiar to Central Perk off of Friends) for some strong iced coffee and we were off to the mall in search of my bag and possibly some lunch at West County Mall i think. Mission Accomplished btw. Lunch didn't come until 2:30 at Eureka at some chinese restaurant called China King. Then came the long ride home and nothing but rest and Qdoba at 9 o'clock. Bliss...pure bliss.

1 comment:

Bridgette said...

dudette write more on here!